Terms Of Service
UPDATED: November, 2022
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS OF SERVICE CAREFULLY. THEY AFFECT YOUR RIGHTS AND WILL HAVE A SUBSTANTIAL IMPACT ON HOW DISPUTES BETWEEN YOU AND RINO ARE RESOLVED.
The “Services” or “Service” is a non-custodial virtual currency wallet management platform that provides individual subscribers (“Subscriber”, “You”, or “User”) with a platform for managing cryptocurrency holdings. The Service can be accessed by the website https://rino.io or mobile application. The Service is operated by Redwood in Technologies EOOD, a limited liability company incorporated in Bulgaria with company number 206605780 ("RINO”, "we," "us" or "our").
By using any of the Services, You agree to be bound by the terms and conditions in this agreement.
This is a contract between You the individual, or the entity you are lawfully authorized to represent, and RINO.
1. Acceptance of the Terms
1.1. The “Terms” is defined collectively as all of the following:
- (a) Terms and Conditions
1.2. You accept the Terms by clicking to accept the Terms where this option is made available to you by RINO in the user interface.
1.3. We reserve the right to modify, amend or change any of the Terms from time to time. You will be promptly informed of the respective changes and asked to accept and agree to them. Your consent to the changes is a prerequisite for You to continue using the Services.
- 2.1. In order to access the Services, you may register for an account through the Website www.rino.io.
- 2.2. As part of the registration process, or as part of your continued use of the Services, you may be required to provide personal information about yourself (such as identification or contact details), including:
- (a) an email address
- (b) a password
- (c) other identifying information as required by law
- 2.3. You attest that any information you provide to RINO is accurate, current and that you are duly authorized to provide that information.
- 2.4. Upon registration, a document with instructions for account recovery (“Account Recovery Document”) will be generated. You are required to download this document and store it securely. You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of this document.
- 2.5. You agree that RINO cannot assist with password retrieval or generate a new password as we do not store that information. IF YOU FAIL TO SECURELY STORE THE ACCOUNT RECOVERY DOCUMENT, YOU ACCEPT THAT YOUR RINO ACCOUNT WILL BECOME INACCESSIBLE.
- 2.6. Once you have completed the registration process, and clicked to accept the Terms, you will be a registered user of the website, with access to the Service and you agree to be bound by the Terms.
3. User Obligations
As a condition of downloading and using the Service You agree that you will:
- 3.1. Be a human being 18 years or older who has the legal capacity to enter a contract. Accounts registered by minors, "bots" or other automated methods are not permitted on the Service.
- 3.2. Provide a password, and all other device function access and information as requested.
- 3.3. Maintain the security of the device(s) you use to access the Services and your password.
- 3.4. Take full responsibility for all activity on your account.
- 3.5. Use the Service only for legal and authorized purposes and not use the Service in a way that violates any laws, regulations or guidelines in any jurisdiction.
As a condition of opening an account and ongoing access to the Service, You agree that you will NOT:
- 3.6. Use the Service in a way that violates any laws or regulations in your jurisdiction.
- 3.7. Access the website or Service from the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK), Iran, Cuba, Syria or any other jurisdiction in which holding, transacting, receiving/sending virtual currency is illegal, or any activity related to virtual currency or this Service is illegal.
- 3.8. Violate RINO’s policies (as determined in RINO’s sole discretion from time to time) for selection of your username and for all content, communications, and behavior relating to the Service. For example, physical abuse, violation of any party’s intellectual property rights, and communication that is profane, unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, pornographic, obscene, threatens abuse or retribution, contains slurs and/or is otherwise objectionable, are grounds for immediately terminating your account.
- 3.9. Create or operate another application, website, or service to falsely imply that it is associated with the Service.
- 3.10. Reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Service without RINO’s express written permission, other than as permitted under open-source licenses for the platform code.
- 3.11. Misrepresent your identity, create a new account, or use other accounts to avoid enforcement of any RINO policies, terms or conditions.
- 3.12. Disclose in any public posting the contact information of another account holder.
- 3.13. Circumvent, disable, or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Service, including features that prevent or restrict access to any content or enforce limitations on the use of the Service and/or the content contained therein.
- 3.14. Engage in unauthorized mirroring, framing of or linking to the Service.
- 3.15. Misrepresent, fabricate, trick, defraud, or mislead us and other users, or conspire to do any of the foregoing activities, especially in any attempt to learn sensitive account information such as user passwords.
- 3.16. Make improper use of our support services or submit false reports of abuse or misconduct.
- 3.17. Engage in any automated use of the system, such as using scripts to send comments or messages, or using any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools.
- 3.18. Interfere with, disrupt, or create an undue burden on the networks or services connected to the Service and/or used to provide the Services.
- 3.19. Attempt to impersonate another user or person or use the username of another user.
- 3.20. Sell or otherwise transfer your account.
- 3.21. Use any information obtained from the Service to harass, abuse, or harm another person.
- 3.22. Use the Service as part of any effort to compete with us or otherwise use the Service and/or the Content for any revenue-generating endeavor or commercial enterprise, except as permitted by applicable open-source licenses of the Service.
- 3.23. Decipher, decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer any of the software comprising or in any way making up a part of the Service and/or Services, except as specifically permitted by applicable open-source licenses or permission.
- 3.24. Attempt to bypass any measures of the Service designed to prevent or restrict access to the Service, or any system used to provide the Services.
- 3.25. Harass, annoy, intimidate, or threaten any of our employees, contractors or agents engaged in providing any portion of the Service to you.
- 3.26. Delete copyright or other proprietary rights notice from any part of the Service.
- 3.27. Copy, modify, adapt, hack, or interfere with the operation of the Service and/or Services.
- 3.28. Upload or transmit (or attempt to upload or to transmit) viruses, Trojan horses, or other material, including excessive use of capital letters and spamming (continuous posting of repetitive text), that interferes with any party’s uninterrupted use and enjoyment of the Services or modifies, impairs, disrupts, alters, or interferes with the use, features, functions, operation, or maintenance of the Services.
- 3.29. Upload or transmit (or attempt to upload or to transmit) any material that acts as a passive or active information collection or transmission mechanism, including without limitation, clear graphics interchange formats (“gifs”), 1×1 pixels, web bugs, cookies, or other similar devices (sometimes referred to as “spyware” or “passive collection mechanisms” or “pcms”).
- 3.30. Except as may be the result of standard search engine or Internet browser usage, use, launch, develop, or distribute any automated system, including without limitation, any spider, robot, cheat utility, scraper, or offline reader that accesses the Services, or using or launching any unauthorized script or other software, except as specifically permitted by applicable open-source licenses.
- 3.31. Disparage, tarnish, or otherwise harm, in our opinion, us and/or the Services.
4. The Services
- 4.1. The Services enable you to create one or more wallets (“RINO Wallet”). A RINO Wallet consists of a private key and a set of associated wallet addresses. A RINO Wallet can be used to send and to receive cryptographically secured tokens (often referred to as virtual currencies or cryptocurrencies), and facilitates the submission of the cryptocurrency transaction to the relevant blockchains without requiring you to download or install any other software to the your device.
- 4.2. The private key of a RINO Wallet consists of three key-segments. To authorize spending of RINO Wallet funds, i.e. the transfer of cryptocurrency from that wallet, two of the three key segments are required. Any two of the three are sufficient to authorize a transaction.
- 4.2.1. Upon wallet creation, you will be assigned two of three private key segments (“User Key Segment” and “Recovery Key Segment”), which are delivered to you with further information in the form of a document detailing how to recover your wallet (“Wallet Recovery Document”). You are required to download this document and store it in a safe place. You will be responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of your Key Segments and the Wallet Recovery Document and you are fully responsible for any activity that originates from your account. You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your password, account, or any other breach of security. You agree that RINO is not liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this paragraph.
- 4.2.2. RINO retains only one of three private key segments (“RINO Key Segment”), required for service operation. You acknowledge that we cannot authorize a transfer of cryptocurrency unilaterally, and that any transfer must involve one of the key segments that you are the sole custodian of.
- 4.3. When a wallet is created, you are strongly advised to take precautions in order to avoid loss of access to and/or control over the wallet. Suggested measures include, but are not limited to, the following:
- 4.3.1. creating a strong password for the account that is not used for any other website or online service;
- 4.3.2. storing the account Recovery Document and Wallet Recovery Document provided by us off-line or safeguarding the private key segments in a secure fashion;
- 4.3.3. maintaining the security of your wallet by protecting your account password by, for example, limiting access to your computer; and
- 4.3.4. promptly notifying us if you discover or otherwise suspect any security breaches related to your computer or account.
- 4.4. General Transaction Terms
- 4.4.1. You acknowledge that your use of this Service is at your sole discretion and that your use is compliant with all relevant laws in your jurisdiction or any other applicable laws.
- 4.4.2. All outbound cryptocurrency transactions are irreversible.
- 4.4.3. You acknowledge that the Services do not constitute an account where RINO or other third parties serve as financial intermediaries or custodians of your virtual currency or digital assets.
- 4.4.4. While the Service has undergone thorough testing and continues to be improved by feedback from the users and developer community, we cannot guarantee that there will be no bugs in the software.
- 4.4.5. You acknowledge that you have chosen to use the Services with a full understanding of the terms and limitations in this Agreement.
- 4.4.6. You warrant that your use of Services complies with all applicable laws in your jurisdiction.
- 4.4.7. You assume sole responsibility for safekeeping your passwords, private key segments, PINs and any other codes you use to access the Services.
- 4.4.8. The authors of the software, employees and affiliates of RINO cannot retrieve your private key segments or passwords if you lose or forget them and cannot guarantee transaction confirmation as they do not have control over the cryptocurrency networks.
- 4.4.9. You accept that in the event of a loss, that we cannot assist with password retrieval or generate a new password. You accept and acknowledge that any cryptocurrency associated with such a wallet will become inaccessible if your account password and recovery documents are lost.
- 4.4.10. All proposed virtual currency transactions must be confirmed and recorded in the associated public blockchain. Such networks are decentralized, peer-to-peer networks supported by independent third parties which RINO does not own, control, or operate. Therefore, RINO cannot and does not ensure that any transaction details submitted via our Services will be confirmed and processed. By using RINO, you acknowledge and agree that the transaction details you submit may not be completed or may be substantially delayed.
- 4.4.11. You represent and warrant that any information provided via the Services is accurate and complete and accepts and acknowledges that we are not responsible for any errors or omissions made in connection with any cryptocurrency transaction initiated via the Services. You are strongly advised to review all transaction details carefully before attempting to transfer virtual currency.
- 4.4.12. You agree to receive push notifications from us which may include blockchain congestion alerts and the status of your wallet transaction.
- 4.4.13. You agree that once transaction details have been submitted via the Services, we cannot assist in the cancellation or otherwise modify the transaction.
- 4.4.14 You agree that you must ensure that your wallet contains an adequate balance to complete transactions before the initiation of a transaction. You acknowledge and agree that we are not liable for failed transactions due to insufficient funds associated with your Account.
5. Website Availability and Content
- 5.1. Access to our Services may become unavailable or degraded during times of significant volatility, volume or through consequences related to the services we rely on to operate our site, or through third party actions. You understand that this may result in limitations on access to your RINO account and that RINO is not liable for damages which may arise from service interruptions, transaction processing time or delayed customer support response time. In any such event, we will strive to rectify or restore secure access to the website and respond to any support tickets or enquiries as quickly as possible.
- 5.2. Although we strive to always provide accurate and timely information on the website, it may not always be entirely complete or current and it may also include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Accordingly, you should verify all information before relying on it. You agree that RINO is not liable for any and all decisions you make while using or relying on the information on the website.
6. Termination and Cancelation of Service
- 6.1. RINO, in its sole discretion, may refuse to provide an account, or suspend or terminate your account, for any reason at any time. Such termination of the Services may result in the deactivation of your Account and the cessation of support Services such as password recovery services.
- 6.2. If you want to terminate your account, you may do so by following the steps in your account to “close account” or “terminate account” and discontinuing the use of our services.
7. User Content
- 7.1. Any testimonial, comment, review, suggestion, or any work of authorship you submit to RINO (“Content”) remain yours. However, by posting, uploading, displaying, performing, transmitting, or otherwise distributing any Content to the Service, you are granting RINO, its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, consultants, agents, and representatives a perpetual, worldwide, paid-up license to use the Content for operation of the Service and associated virtual currency wallet services, including without limitation, a right to implement any suggestions and to copy, transmit, store, and reformat the Content. By submitting Content to RINO, you warrant and represent that you own the rights to the Content or are otherwise authorized to provide the Content and grant the licenses herein.
- 7.2. You will not upload, download, display, perform, transmit, or otherwise distribute any information or content in violation of any party's copyrights, trademarks, patents, or trade secrets. You are solely responsible for any violations of any laws and for any infringements of rights caused by any Content you provide, post, or transmit, or that is provided or transmitted from your device.
8. Third-Party Service and Content
- 8.1. The Service may present links or refer you to third-party websites and applications not owned or operated by RINO. You agree that RINO is not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused by or in connection with your use of or reliance on any content of any such third-party site or application, or any services they provide or do not provide. These links and referrals are provided for your convenience only.
- 8.2. In no event shall a description or reference to a third party’s product or service (including, but not limited to, providing a description or reference via hyperlink) be construed as endorsement or promotion of such third-party products or services by RINO. We retain the exclusive right to add to, modify, or cancel the availability of any third-party service. We do not control, endorse, or adopt any third-party content and will have no responsibility for third-party content including, but not limited to, token availability and/or sales. Your use of such third-party websites and applications is also subject to the terms and conditions of use and the privacy policies of such websites and applications.
- 8.3. If, to the extent permitted by us, you grant express permission to a third party to access your account, you acknowledge that granting permission to a third party to take action on your behalf does not relieve you of any of your responsibilities under this Agreement. You are fully responsible for all acts or omissions of any third-party with access to your account.
9. Copyright and Intellectual Property
- 9.1. The Website, the Services and all the related products of RINO are subject to copyright. The material on the Website is protected by copyright under the laws of Bulgaria, and all applicable international treaties. Unless otherwise indicated, all rights (including copyright) in the Services and compilation of the Website (including but not limited to text, graphics, logos, button icons, video images, audio clips, Website, code, scripts, design elements and interactive features) or the Services are owned or controlled for these purposes and are reserved by RINO or its duly authorized contributors.
- 9.2. All trademarks, service marks and trade names are owned, registered and/or licensed by us, who grants to you a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, revocable license whilst you are a User to:
- 9.2.1. Use the Website pursuant to the Terms;
- 9.2.2. Copy and store the Website and the material contained on the Website in your device's cache memory; and
- 9.2.3. Print pages from the Website for your own personal and non-commercial use.
- 9.3. We do not grant you any other rights in relation to the Website or the Services. All other rights are expressly reserved by us.
- 9.4. We retain all rights, title and interest in and to the Website and all related Services. Nothing you do on or in relation to the Website will transfer any:
- 9.4.1. Business name, trading name, domain name, trademark, industrial design, patent, registered design or copyright, or
- 9.4.2. Rights to use or exploit a business name, trading name, domain name, trademark or industrial design, or
- 9.4.3 A thing, system or process that is the subject of a patent, registered design or copyright (or an adaptation or modification of such a thing, system or process), to you.
- 9.5. You may not, without the prior written permission of RINO and the permission of any other relevant rights owners: broadcast, republish, up-load to a third party, transmit, post, distribute, show or play in public, adapt or change in any way the Services or third-party Services for any purpose unless otherwise provided by these Terms. This prohibition does not extend to materials on the Website which are freely available for re-use or are in the public domain.
11. RINO Ownership Rights
All RINO content provided as part of the Service is the property of (or licensed by) RINO. Certain code components of the RINO Services and access through Application Programming Interfaces are available under certain licenses. You may not duplicate, copy, or reuse any portion of the Services without express written permission from RINO, except where permitted by open-source license terms.
12. Disclaimers and Limitations of Liability
- 12.1. RINO endeavors to provide reliable access to virtual currency or tokens that you store via the Services. However, the Services are subject to various modes of failure and loss of data, some of which are beyond RINO’s control. Furthermore, because the activities you perform using the Services involve transmissions over publicly accessible networks (such as mobile data communications networks and the internet) as well as being stored on servers connected to these networks, there is an inherent risk that your wallet and transaction information may be intercepted or improperly accessed by third party actors.
- 12.2. Your use of the Service is at your own risk, and on an “as-is” and “as-available” basis. To the full extent permitted by law, RINO hereby excludes all express and implied warranties, including (without limitation) implied warranties of non-infringement, merchantability, and fitness for a particular purpose.
- 12.3. In addition, to the extent permitted by law, RINO (and its officers, directors, agents, service providers, and employees) shall not be liable for any damages or losses resulting in any way from:
- 12.3.1. Information you provide while using the Services.
- 12.3.2. Your use of or inability to use Services.
- 12.3.3. Loss of virtual currency or managed using the Services.
- 12.3.4. Your failure to secure your device(s) and your account information.
- 12.3.5. Interception of data or other unauthorized access to data by a third party.
- 12.3.6. Any modification, suspension, or discontinuance of the Services.
- 12.3.7. Viruses or other malicious software, glitches, bugs, errors or inaccuracies resulting from access to the Services.
- 12.3.8. Damage to your device(s) while using the Services.
- 12.3.9. The behavior, actions, and inactions of third parties using the Services.
- 12.3.10. Actions taken by RINO in response to violations of the Terms and its other policies, as amended from time to time.
- 12.3.11. Any effects of changes in RINO operations, policies and the Terms on you or any business you conduct, including without limitation the need to modify your information and practices to comply with such changes.
- 12.3.12. The technical operating and transmission features of the Services, including without limitation the transfer of encrypted or unencrypted information over various networks.
- 12.3.13. Acts (or failures to act) of RINO’s third-party hardware, software, and network service providers.
- 12.4. The foregoing exclusions of RINO liability apply to all forms of damages or losses, whether direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary, and including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, personal injury, or intangible losses.
- 12.5. RINO does not control or own the underlying software protocols used to support the operation of the cryptocurrencies supported on its platform. RINO cannot guarantee the security, functionality or features of any underlying software protocols. You understand that the underlying software protocols may change materially or otherwise from time to time and that it is your responsibility to make yourself aware of any changes to operating rules or features associated with the operation of underlying software protocols.
13. Release and Indemnity
- 13.1. You release RINO and its officers, directors, employees, and agents from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every type, known and unknown, connected in any way with your use of the RINO Services. You expressly waive any statutory or other protection that would otherwise limit this release to claims that you know of (or suspect to exist) when you open your account and agree to this release.
- 13.2. You will indemnify and hold harmless RINO, its officers, directors, employees, and agents from any claim or demand (and reasonable attorney’s fees) made by any third party arising out of your breach of these Terms, your improper use of the Services, your failure to honor the terms of a transaction arranged using the Services, or your violation of any law or other rights of a third party.
14. Dispute Resolution
- 14.1. Compulsory
If a dispute arises out of or relates to the Terms, either party may not commence any Tribunal or Court proceedings in relation to the dispute, unless the following clauses have been complied with (except where urgent interlocutory relief is sought).
- 14.2. Notice
A party to the Terms claiming a dispute ("Dispute") has arisen under the Terms, must give written notice to the other party detailing the nature of the dispute, the desired outcome and the action required to settle the Dispute.
- 14.3. Resolution
On receipt of that notice ("Notice") by that other party, the parties to the Terms ("Parties") must:
14.3.1. Within 14 days of the Notice endeavor in good faith to resolve the Dispute expeditiously by negotiation or such other means upon which they may mutually agree;
14.3.2. If for any reason whatsoever, 14 days after the date of the Notice, the Dispute has not been resolved, the Parties must either agree upon selection of a mediator or initiate or request one appointed for them.
14.3.3. The Parties are equally liable for the fees and reasonable expenses of a mediator and the cost of the venue of the mediation and without limiting the foregoing undertake to pay any amounts requested by the mediator as a precondition to the mediation commencing. The Parties must each pay their own costs associated with the mediation;
14.3.4. The mediation will be held in Bulgaria.
All communications concerning negotiations made by the Parties arising out of and in connection with this dispute resolution clause are confidential and to the extent possible, must be treated as "without prejudice" negotiations for the purpose of applicable laws of evidence.
- 14.5. Termination of Mediation
If 2 weeks have elapsed after the start of a mediation of the Dispute and the Dispute has not been resolved, either Party may ask the mediator to terminate the mediation and the mediator must do so.
15. Venue and Jurisdiction
In the event of any dispute arising out of or in relation to the Website, you agree that the exclusive venue for resolving any dispute shall be held and conducted in Bulgaria.
16. Governing Law
The Terms are governed by the laws of Bulgaria. Any dispute, controversy, proceeding or claim related to the Terms and the rights created hereby shall be governed, interpreted and construed by, under and pursuant to the laws of Bulgaria, without reference to conflict of law principles, notwithstanding mandatory rules. You agree that the validity of this governing law clause is not contested and that the Terms shall be binding to the benefit of the parties hereto and their successors and assigns.
17. Independent Legal Advice
Both parties confirm and declare that the provisions of the Terms are fair and reasonable, and both parties have taken the opportunity to obtain independent legal advice and declare the Terms are not against public policy on the grounds of inequality or bargaining power or general grounds of restraint of trade.
If any part of these Terms is found to be void or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, that part shall be severed, and the rest of the Terms shall remain in force.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT, UNDERSTAND IT AND ARE BOUND BY ITS TERMS AND CONDITIONS.